Open Plan Consulting has been developing its activities in the Maritime Sector through its cooperation with the Italian Shipping Academy. In the past few months, 3 new projects started.
The project “CMES WestMed” launched in February 2019, is aimed at the development of a network of Maritime Education and Training Institutes in the Western Mediterranean. The project, supported by the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, sees partners from italy, France and Tunisia, working together to the set-up and testing of a new approach to training development.
Open Plan Consulting contributes to the project by taking care of networking and communication activities and thorugh the secondment of specialised personnel to the Italian Shipping Academy.
The project “Support and Transfer of Expertise to Fisheries in Albania” launched in November 2018 aims at enhancing the contribution of the fishery sector to the economic development of Albania by improving management and protection of fishery resources in line with the EU Common Fishery Policy (CFP).
The project, with a value of 4.800.000 Euros, supports the development of the fisheries sector in Albania within the EU Accesssion is implemented by the Italian Ministry of Agiculture and Fisheries, acting in cooperation with the Italian Shipping Academy and the Flanders Research Institute for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food,
This objective will be realised mainly through capacity building to institutions of the fisheries sector and through support to investments to modernize and update the Albanian fishing fleet and infrastructures.
In a nutshell, the action will comprise:
- Technical assistance and capacity building aimed at supporting the development of the fisheries sector and its institutional framework in order to bring it in line with EU standards, in accordance to the EU Common Fishery Policy (CFP) as updated in 2014
- Supply of equipment to Albanian institutions to enable effective control by fisheries inspector
- Setting up and implementation of a grant scheme to support modernization of the Albanian fishing fleet
Open Plan Consulting contributes to the project through secondment of specialised personnel for carrying out project management duties and technical assitance to management of the grant scheme.
The project “Improvement of Port Customs and Operations Efficiency in Africa” launched in August 2019 aims at improving efficiency of customs and administrative clearance process of port operations in accordance with EPAs in Ports of the ECOWAS Area through the implementation of Single Window Systems.
The project has a budget of 1.850.000 Euros and is implemented by a partnership composed by the Italian Shipping Academy, the Regional Academy of Maritime Sciences and Techniques of Abidjan and the Port Management Association of Western and Central Africa.
The project will:
- support the development of a conducive environment for the implementation of a single window approach in ECOWAS areas ports;
- support the implementation of Port Community Systems in ports of the ECOWAS
- acquire and disseminate experience in implementation of single window approach to provide inputs to ECOWAS governments with regard to operational procedures to implement customs reform in accordance with EU-ECOWAS EPA and ECOWAS Customs Union/CET.
Open Plan Consulting contributes to the project through secondment of specialised personnel for carrying out project management duties.